A big thank you to everyone who helped with, supported and attended the Raleigh Media Leaders networking event this week. I couldn’t have been more proud to be a part of the Raleigh community of media, advertising, PR and tech leaders. A special thank you to Phil Buckley who found the 6-city event and brought it to Raleigh for all of us to benefit from.
There are so many things I could say about how fantastic the event was, but I’ll leave you with just a few bullets about what the Raleigh Media Leaders event reinforced for me:
- Raleigh is brimming with smart, creative and engaged community members (not to mention cool and good looking!)
- Jobs are so much more than just jobs. It’s a great feeling to be working in a field that you love and believe in. Then, finding such a large and energetic group of people who share those feelings with you is just the cherry on top.
- As Cord said, nothing replaces meeting someone IRL.
- As Shane said, the minimal structure of the event allowed it to take its own shape and allowed all the creative thinkers there to enjoy one another’s company.
- Social media really supports building relationships – I ‘met’ so many people at the event who I’d already established a relationship with. It made it that much easier to dive right into real conversation and skip the small talk.
Thanks to everyone who attended. You made our job of organizing easy. I think any event planner’s nightmare is a lackluster event, so thanks for bringing the energy and enthusiasm. And again, thanks to Phil Buckley for inviting me to be a part of the planning committee. To those committee members, thanks for all the time and thought you put in. It’s been such a pleasure working with you: Phil Buckley, Brian McDonald, Dan London and Sarah Burris.
I cannot wait for the next one!